There are lots of reasons why your Dog wants a Dog Walker. We all see our Dogs jump up and down when they see you get the lead ready for their Dog Walk. Coco only has to hear the drawer open and she is there – she knows what that sounds means. If Mike opens the back doors to the van she knows it’s more than a walk, it’s time to go to the forestry for a really good run about.
- To Release Energy: Dogs need to get out and burn off all that energy they have so they don’t become destructive. If your dog is left home all day without a walk then they could chew things that you don’t want them to or just become very destructive. Imagine being at work all day long and not being allowed out for a break or a walk in the fresh air!
- To Socialise: Dogs love getting out and meeting people and other dogs. A dog generally doesn’t like to be isolated. They like new things and exciting environments. Of course there are the exceptions and you know your dog best.
- To Explore: Dogs love new smells, sights and sounds. Whether it’s sniffing another dogs ‘pee spot’ or rummaging in the grass – they just love it. It’s important, especially for young pups, that you encourage them to develop their senses.
- To Stay Healthy: While diet is important – so is exercise. Dog’s need to walk and run to keep them in tip top health. I know for our older dog ‘Patch’ who is now 17 – running around with Coco has kept her really young. Although she gets stiff from time to time – she loves her walk and run about.
- Because they love it!! What dog wouldn’t want to get out of the house. Would you want to be stuck inside 24/7 – No!!
So next time it’s raining (which happens a lot of the time in Ireland) just remember why your dog wants to get out for a dog walk. And if you can’t make that happen every day then think maybe consider the services of a Dog Walker.
If you want to chat about Dog Walking Options then call Freephone 1800 30 30 10