You are probably reading this because you are in a situation where you need some help with walking your dog. Maybe you are working long hours during the day and you want someone to take them out for a quick break in the day or maybe you have lots of commitments which means you need help walking your dog at different times of the day. If you are living in the Louth area and need a Louth Dog Walker then we can certainly help!
A Guide To Hiring A Louth Dog Walker: What You Need To Know
What Does A Louth Dog Walker Do?
It might seem obvious but there are lots of options when it comes to dog walking and the type of person/service you can hire to walk your dog.
As a company we do not offer Group Dog Walks, simply because we feel your dog deserves a 1 to 1 walk where they get all the attention and are not being transported from one house to another while all the dogs are collected.
We also don’t let your dog off the lead. Because if we ring you and say we lost your dog because he ran after a rabbit or someone snatched him in the park when he went into a bush you won’t be very happy.
So all of our Dog Walks are private 1 to 1 walks. We can of course walk more than one dog if they are from the same household and the good news is we charge the same price for up to 3 dogs.
Why Use A Louth Dog Walker?
There are lot of reasons you would use a Dog Walker.
- Maybe you work long hours
- Perhaps you a lot of commitments
- You are going on holiday
- Or you have a recent injury that is making walking your dog hard
Whatever the reason is you can book walks for 20 minutes plus for your dog.
How Does A Louth Dog Walker Keep Your Dog Safe?
We would always recommend your dog walker keep your dog on the lead for the safety of the dog.
With your dog on the lead we have full control and can be confident that nothing would happen to them.
If you are concerned about the safety of your dog then a GPS pet tracker can be a great option. We have these for our own dogs and they are fantastic.
Who Is The Best Dog Walker In Louth?
When looking for a Dog Walker we would recommend asking the following questions to make sure that you find the best possible match for your dog that is going to work out long term for you.
- How long have they been walking dogs and what is their experience?
- Is this their full time work (you don’t want to be looking for a new dog walker all the time)
- What happens if they get sick and can’t walk their dog – who will replace them?
- Do they have Public liability insurance for when they are walking your dog?
- How do they store your keys? Are they kept in a secure location and do they have a proper key labelling system so your address is never linked to the key?
- How are they storing your personal information?
- How do you pay for their services? Will you be given a receipt?
- What if you have a complaint? Who deals with that?
How Much Does A Louth Dog Walker Cost?
Costs for Dog Walking vary depending on who you hire to walk your dog. You might find a neigbourhood kid to do it for a few euro but the chances are they won’t stick around for long and you might find yourself looking for a dog walker again very soon.
Find out more about the cost of a Dog Walker with Pet Sitters Ireland
How Can Pet Sitters Ireland Help With Your Dog Walking Needs?
We can help you with Dog Walks 365 days a year and are happy to chat with you more about your needs.
I’m sure you have lots of questions about how it works and how we can help you. And of course we would love to answer them.
The first step would be to get in touch either via our contact form or by phone on 1800 30 30 10 and we can find out more about how we can make your life easier.
We look forward to chatting with you soon.